Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d): Proteomics
The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) is a leading international biomedical research center with the goal of elucidating the molecular mechanisms of health and disease in order to create the basis for new therapies and diagnostic procedures. The MDC is a member of the largest scientific organization in Germany – the Helmholtz Association – and offers a stimulating and interactive research environment with the most modern infrastructure. Currently, 1,250 employees and approximately 500 guests work at the locations in Berlin-Buch and Berlin-Mitte. The diversity of our workforce is a strength and promotes creativity and innovative spirit at the MDC.
For the joint Proteomics platform of the MDC and the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) we are looking for a Postdoctoral scientist with a focus on mass spectrometry-driven proteomics research and computational biology. The position is funded via the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)-sponsored MSTARS (Multimodal Clinical Mass Spectrometry to Target Treatment Resistance) program, which focuses on establishing research cores dedicated to mass spectrometry in systems medicine. In particular, we are interested in characterizing head and neck cancer and leukemia on the proteome and phosphoproteome level, to identify new diagnostic and therapeutic targets.
· Development and optimization of quantitative proteomic methods for the global analysis of cancer proteomes and post-translational modifications (Phosphoproteomics, Ubiquitinomics, etc。)
· Focus on the application of DIA (Data independent acquisition) and TMT (tandem mass tags) proteomic methods
· Coordination of clinical proteomic studies and supervision of a technical assistant in the laboratory
· Bioinformatic analysis of clinical proteomics and genomics data. Identification of mutated proteins, correlation analyses of DNA copy number alterations (CNA), RNA and proteomics data, pathway enrichment, signature motif analysis, and machine learning for class discovery and pattern recognition (e.g. supervised/unsupervised clustering, random forest, neural networks, etc.)
· Presentation of proteogenomic analyses within the MSTARS consortium and at scientific conferences
· Collaboration with complementary mass spectrometry teams and clinical partners from Charité within the MSTARS consortium
· Excellent knowledge of biochemical sample preparation techniques for protein analytics from biological or clinical samples
· Expertise in handling HPLC devices for peptide chromatography
广东11选五 · Experience in handling pipetting robots, such as an Agilent Bravo system, or mass spectrometers, such as a Thermo HF-X or Exploris 480 system, are a plus
· Prior experience with label-free and multiplexed mass spectrometry quantification techniques
· Statistical data analysis in R studio or shiny applications
· Attitude for accurate and reliable documentation and presentation of scientific data
· Strong communication skills and proficiency in English are required
广东11选五 · International working environment with communication in English and German
· Interesting career opportunities and a comprehensive range of qualification and further training opportunities
· Compatibility of family and career certified by the workandfamily audit
· Varied support for “New Berliners” (Welcome & Family Office)
· Company health management with fitness center
You also benefit from:
· A remuneration in accordance with the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD Bund), including additional company pension schemes
· Flexible working hours and childcare support
· An idyllic green campus, which is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport or car
Remuneration will be according to the TVöD Bund, depending on the personal requirements, up to the fee group 13.
广东11选五 Full Time (39h/week)
The position is limited until February 28, 2023, with the possibility of extension。
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, health impairment, age or sexual identity. We look forward to receiving applications from open-minded people who enjoy working in diverse teams. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given special consideration.
Dr. Philipp Mertins
广东11选五 Group Leader AG Mertins
Please use our online portal and submit your application as one pdf file (5 MB max, including a cover letter, CV, references as well as relevant educational and degree certificates).