Announcement of post-doc scholarship at the Department of Clinical Sciences, division of Islet pathophysiology
VDAC1 expression in beta-cell and other peripheral cell during health and diseases
The project work includes identification of mitochondrial voltage dependent-anion channel (VDAC) expression and cellular localization in beta cells, and other peripheral cells, as well as in cell lines and tissues from non-diabetic and diabetic organ donors。
The scholarship holder will follow the initiated study on the consequence of a high VDAC1 expression on the cell function by using a wide range of techniques. Of Particular interest is molecular and cell biological methods such as handling cell culture and transfections as well as qtPCR, Western blots, confocal immune-fluorescent microscopy and other relevant cell biological techniques. The ability to cooperate with colleagues and taking initiatives, accuracy as well as flexibility are an advantage. Experience on bioinformatics is also an advantage.
广东11选五 Scholarship period
The scholarship covers a period of 6 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
广东11选五 Preliminary start date
Albert Salehi, +46 40-39 11 62, s_albert。salehi@med。lu。se
Qualifications for a postdoc scholarship at Lund University
• PhD degree within relevant field, obtained no earlier than three years before the application deadline.
• The PhD degree must not have been obtained from Lund University。
• The applicant must not have had any former employment at Lund University
Qualifications needed for the project
• Practical experience of conducting independent in vitro cell culture studies
• Prior experience of molecular and cell biological methods such as qtPCR, Western blots and confocal immune-fluorescent microscopy
• Scientific excellence in the subject field
• Experience in bioinformatics
Personal traits, such as; ability